20 June . 2016
Top 10 picks for shopping, dining & fun near Rancho Sienna
Located smack in the middle of growing cities such as Cedar Park, Georgetown, Leander, and Round Rock, Rancho Sienna offers residents many nearby destinations for shopping, dining, fun and more. Here are our Top 10 picks for great places that are already open or coming soon.
1. In Cedar Park, 1890 Ranch offers more than 80 stores, services, restaurants and entertainment options, including a 12-screen Cinemark theater. Conveniently located approximately 8 miles from Rancho Sienna, 1890 Ranch has major anchors such as Super Target, PetSmark and Bealls. Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is next door. Even more Cedar Park shopping is on the way.
2. Also in Cedar Park, Blue Corn Harvest offers Southwestern cuisine in a moderately priced, casual atmosphere. From beer and wine, to veggies and tortillas, this restaurant uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
3. In Leander, the Cold Springs Marketplace at 10480 Ronald Reagan Boulevard will include 51,000 square feet of mixed-use development. This will include 10,000 square feet of restaurant space. So far, tenants include Super Donut and a dentist.
4. One of Leander’s most unique restaurants is Farm to Fork, featuring Texas Southern home-style cuisine prepared with natural, locally sourced organic food. Chef Shelley Pogue says, “I wanted to create a restaurant that reminds you of being at my Mamaw’s house on Sunday; the menu is based on simple comfort foods that are locally grown.”
5. Liberty Hill proudly clings to its down home, small town atmosphere, with unique local eateries such as Dahlia Café, offering “homemade dressed up country cooking” such as Chicken Fried Steak and barbecue in an old farmhouse. Live music is featured on weekends. To take the taste home, you can buy whole pies and cakes year ‘round.
6. In Georgetown, Wolf Ranch Town Center is located at I-35 and University Avenue, approximately 10 miles from Rancho Sienna. Top-tier retailers like Best Buy, Kohl’s, Target and Sephora welcome visitors alongside a variety of restaurants, services and entertainment options. With special events such as a weekly Farmer’s Market, it’s possible to spend an entire day in a beautiful setting of ponds, scenic central Texas landscapes and neighboring nature trails.
7. Georgetown offers unique shopping in its quaint downtown area, especially in the Courthouse Square Historic District. Shop one-of-a-kind stores, boutiques and wineries, and choose from an expansive selection of restaurants such as Wildfire, The Hollow and Gumbo’s. Downtown Georgetown is fun on any day, but it’s especially exciting during one of its many events and festivals.
8. Round Rock’s claim to shopping fame rests on the appeal of the Round Rock Premium Outlets at I-35 and University Avenue, approximately 12 miles from Rancho Sienna. This Texas-size shopping mecca is home to over 120 stores and restaurants, plus a Cinemark theater. The Bass Pro Shop offers 120,000 square feet of fun, with everything from a bowling alley to a restaurant inside the store.
9. Round Rock’s thriving downtown is a charming, one-of-a-kind place that never feels cookie-cutter or pretentious. You can choose from dozens of restaurants and bars, unique shops and even a fun interactive fountain. There are events and festivals throughout the year. Tip: downtown Round Rock is home to world-famous Round Rock Donuts.
10. Plenty of entertainment is near Rancho Sienna. Approximately 8 miles away in Cedar Park, H-E-B Center (the new name for Cedar Park Center) hosts hockey from UT Hockey and the Texas Stars, the Austin Spurs basketball team, and entertainment events throughout the year. Dell Diamond is home to the Round Rock Express baseball team and hosts events all year long.
Previous PostPerry Homes plays up stunning Hill Country views from its new Rancho Sienna model home
Older PostChesmar has new plans, new homesites near Rancho Sienna dog park
Want More Information?
- 2020 (18)
- 2019 (73)
- 2018 (134)
- 2017 (39)
- 2016 (58)
- 2015 (12)