19 July . 2018
Love the Farmhouse Chic look? Let our model home inspire you
From its sliding barn doors to its rustic brick and shiplap walls, Chesmar’s Owen model home in Rancho Sienna is filled with Farmhouse Chic style.
We’ve all heard of Farmhouse Chic, and we can’t help but love it – but exactly what does this style mean, and how do you bring it into your own home?
Here’s a quick and informative guide to Farmhouse Chic style from the Round Top Register. Located about halfway between Houston and Austin, Round Top is famous for its twice-a-year vintage and antiques shows, so we really trust their design expertise.
As they define it, Farmhouse style is a timeless canvas of personal expression that draws on unique combinations of some common elements, such as:
- Reclaimed wood
- Barnboard details
- Comfortable inviting furniture
- Architectural salvage
- Unfinished or chipped wooden furniture
- Time-worn or patinated metal accents
- Plank floors
- Vintage accessories
Above all, the Farmhouse look is built around one feeling: comfort. It’s a style where friends and family feel free to sit down and get comfortable. Some “tricks of the trade” for creating the Farmhouse look include:
- Establishing a neutral or light color palette, then providing pops of color with art and accents
- Using a variety of textures to give depth to the look. Mix fabrics of various textures with woods and metals.
- Layering in mixed metals with timeworn patinas, using them for light fixtures and hardware. Also use salvaged woods and architectural remnants to create a feeling of age and nostalgia.
- Using organic materials such as wood, stone, wicker, rattan and sisal to maintain a connection with the outdoors.
- Accessorizing, depending on the look you want. For a modern farmhouse, use them sparingly. A more traditional farmhouse look can be achieved with several layers of accessories.
Step inside the Farmhouse Chic look with a virtual tour of Chesmar’s Owen model home. You can also tour 7 more Rancho Sienna model homes in virtual 3D.
Previous PostGot kids? Let this book be your guide to family fun in the Austin area
Older PostOur Local Flavor guide offers some great ideas for cool summer activities
Want More Information?
- 2019 (54)
- 2018 (134)
- 2017 (39)
- 2016 (58)
- 2015 (12)